Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crap!

My mom has lost her freakin' mind! freakin' is a new word I heard the other day and I like it. Mom said to stop freakin' out about "Scooby" (insert sarcastic drawn out name). That is why I think my mom is crazy. It all started when my mom told me about Crystal. Everyone was so sad and lonely. I tried to help my mom but I was sad too. So my mom had this bright idea to get me a "play mate". She thought it might help us feel better. I didn't realize that she was bringing it home two days after Crystal's passing! It seemed like she was trying to replace Crystal! Then my mom talked to me and told me you can never replace a friend you just have to make new ones and remember the old ones. So I thought, okay she will bring me a "play mate" and I will make sure she understands I don't like it! So she brought home another cat and HE is a BOY! This is MY house, what was she thinking? Scooby looks kind of like Crystal so I was confused at first and I didn't beat him up. Later on that night I got a whiff of his nasty smell and I knew it was not my sister. This just sucks.

He is a nice cat I guess. He follows me around and watches me a lot. Creepy! He likes to play, with MY toys, so I kind of play with him. I was trying real hard not to even acknowledge his presence, I hid in the other rooms hissing and growling and wouldn't even come to my mom the first night that he was here. Then my mom picked me up, smelling like him, and asked me if I would be nice to him and accept him into our family. She had tears in her eyes and I could feel Crystal's presence in the room and they were both asking me to let him in. I head-butted my mom (my special way of kissing her) to let her know that I understood her (and Crystal too), and that I would try.

My mom told me Scooby's story and I decided that I might be able to stand to have him around. Scooby has had a hard life until now. He is only about three months old and he was dropped off to fend for himself. That made me kind of sad, so I settled down on her lap so she could finish. She told me how he had been living at the vet's office (SCARY) until mom gave him a home. I wouldn't want anyone to have to live at the vet, so I made up my mind to accept him. I still give him a hiss and swat every now and then, just to remind him who is in charge here.

All in all, he isn't all that bad. We chase each other and play together (sometimes). I like to play with him, he has lots of energy and likes to run. The on;y problem I have now is that he can't go outside with me. Mom says he is to young and might get lost. I guess that would be a bad thing (insert evil cat smile). No, I wouldn't want him to get lost. That would make my mom sad again and that is just wrong! The house doesn't feel sad anymore and I don't want it to again! We all miss Cre very much, but it does help to have someone to play with. I will teach him everything that Crystal taught me and in a way Crystal will live again. That makes me very happy! Maybe this new cat thing wasn't such a bad idea after all. I am going to help Scooby start a blog and will post the link soon. Thank you for all of the nice posts and comments that everyone made. My mom is trying to read them all, but they made her cry and she stops and reads more later. It may take her a while but she will read them all. We all wish Cre the greatest success in heaven and we know that she is happy. Sometimes I can still feel her beautiful crossed eyes looking at me saying "I knew you loved me sucker!" I am glad she knows. Thank you again. The next post will be Scooby's first picture on my blog. TTYL

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you decided to give Scooby a chance to be your friend. In time, I am sure that you will have lots of fun together. Maybe Crystal sent him so you wouldn't be so sad and lonely.

12:05 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I know it's hard to accept a new poodin' in your house - it was hard for me to accept miles, but now we get along great. most of the time. a good swat every now and then, and a cuddle from Mom in front of him when he bites me is a good thing. - Sammy

8:39 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Spock said...

Glad to hear you're getting along better, but the next time my Mom comes home smellimg like him I'm gonna come whip up on BOTH of you...so you better make sure she doesn't snuggle him.

8:53 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Nobody makes friends overnight. It always takes time but it is always worth it. Having said that, you need to lay down some rules over which toys are yours, which ones are yours and which ones are yours.

12:45 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Glad you are accepting Scooby - Crystal is your angel now & will watch over you & your Mom to help keep you out of trouble.

3:35 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Sanjee said...

It's nice you're gettin ok with Scooby, cuz it would be real sad for anycat to have to live at the stabby place. He musta felt as bad there as you did when he first got to your house. Sounds like Crystal's lookin out for yall, tho and helped make it all right. That's real good. I'm glad!

PS I don't think you'd better let Scooby go play with your Dad. He sounds kinda grouchy bout Scooby.

7:40 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger The Crew said...

This sounds like a situation that was just meant to be. Try and relax and let Scooby explore and get settled. Even if he plays with a few of your toys, maybe it's 'cause he never had any of his own. You are now a big brother (like I am) and need to step into your new role confidently.

George
The Crew

10:19 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Spock said...

Go by the blog...new secret paws....

1:44 PM, February 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home